Of all the bags that I have designed - this is the bag I use everyday! Quite simply it is the sturdiest, prettiest, user-friendly market tote I have. It can be made in two sizes, it's very easy to make, there are great inside pockets and wide comfy straps that run "under" the bag for ultimate support. For shopping, yoga, gym, crafts, school, baby - everything! Make it in quilting or home dec fabric for your friends, family and (mostly) you!
Back to main sewing patterns list
The yardage given is for a one-way design. Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
The tote can be made using 44” wide quilting fabric OR 54” wide mid-weight home dec fabric, please see the chart below.
INTERFACING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for each style)
- 20” wide fusible woven interfacing - I use Shape Flex® SF-101 from Pellon®
Please check the chart above for the amount required. Make sure you pre-wash the interfacing following the manufacturer's instructions.
- 1 sheet of 12" x 18" Heavy Duty Quilting Template Plastic - I use Prym-Dritz®
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread
- I use my Premium Threads from Rowan
Scissors, Straight pins, Large safety pin, Pencil, Transparent tape, Iron and Ironing board, 24" quilting ruler, Chalk pencil, Pressing cloth, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors)
- 15” wide across the bottom x 10" tall (17” tall with Straps) x 6” deep
- 15” wide across the bottom x 17" tall (24” tall with Straps) x 6” deep