Materials List (makes 1 pouf)
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
There are 2 options for making the poufs. The first option uses six
coordinating prints, the second uses just one print.
The poufs can be made using 44" wide quilting weight fabric OR 54" wide mid-weight Home Dec fabric. Please check the chart below for the amount required for the size you're making.
If you're using 44" wide quilting fabric you'll also need 60" wide 10 oz cotton canvas. (I use canvas from Thompson Manufacturing. You can substitute with Natural Duck Cloth made by Schott International, Inc.) Please check the chart for the amount needed.
BATTING / NOTIONS NEEDED (for either size pouf)
- 1 pkg of quilt batting (Twin size)
(I use Nature-fil® Bamboo batting from Fairfield)
- Polystyrene beads - bag size: 2 cubic foot (from Poly-fil®)
- 1 bag for the medium pouf
- 2 bags for the large pouf
- 2 Buttons for covering - size 2 1/2" (I use Dritz® brand) Please save the instructions and template on the back of the package.
- 1/2 yard of 1/4” wide cotton twill tape or grosgrain ribbon for tufting the pouf.
- 1 (12") coordinating all-purpose zipper (I use Coats brand)
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (I use my Premium Threads from Rowan)
- 1 small spool of Button and Carpet thread (I use Coats brand)
- 1 pkg of heavyweight sewing machine needles size 16 (I use Schmetz™ jeans / denim sewing machine needles, size 100/16)
TOOLS NEEDED: Scissors, Straight pins, Iron and Ironing board, Ruler, Zipper foot for your sewing machine, Rotary cutter and mat, Large kitchen funnel for adding the beads, Hand sewing needle, Seam ripper
Medium Pouf - 24" diameter x 7" high
Large Pouf - 30" diameter x 10" high