Materials list for the Laptop Cover
Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
NOTE: First measure your laptop's width, length and height. If your laptop is larger than the finished size, you will need to add 1/8 yard to each of the fabrics and interfacings for every 1” to 1 1/2” added to the finished size length. (There is plenty of fabric for the width.)
- 1 1/8 yard of 44” wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Exterior
- 1 1/8 yard of 44” wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Lining
- 3/4 yard of 22” wide single-sided fusible Peltex® by Pellon® or other similar extra heavy stabilizer
- 3/8 yard of 44” wide fusible fleece (we use fusible Thermolam Plus by Pellon®)
- 1 1/2 yards of 60” wide 10 oz. cotton canvas or Natural Duck Cloth for interfacing (We use canvas made by Thompson Manufacturing. You can substitute with Natural Duck Cloth manufactured by Schott International, Inc.)
- 9” of 3/4” sew-on VELCRO® brand fasteners
- 1 spool of a coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty Plus®)
Finished size fits a Laptop: 13” wide x 10 1/2” long x 1 1/2” tall
Fully customized instructions included to fit most laptop sizes.
Materials list for the MP3 Case (any size)
NOTE: There will be enough scraps of fabric, fleece and Peltex®, from the Laptop Cover to make any size MP3 Case. You will still need to purchase the VELCRO® brand fasteners and heavyweight interfacing. If you are making just the MP3 Case, follow the list below.
The yardage amounts below accommodate directional prints.
- 1/2 yard of 44” wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Exterior
- 1/2 yard of 44” wide light to mid-weight fabric for the Lining
- 1/8 yard of 44” wide fusible fleece (we use fusible Thermolam Plus by Pellon®)
- 1/8 yard of 22” wide single-sided fusible Peltex® by Pellon® or similar extra heavy stabilizer
- 1/8 yard of 22” wide heavyweight sew-in interfacing (such as Pellon® 50)
- 1” of 3/4” sew-on VELCRO® brand fasteners;
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty Plus®)
Finished size: Small case - 2 5/8” wide x 4 1/4” long
- Compatible with iPod Classic® 80GB (6th generation), iPod Touch®
Large case - 2 7/8” wide x 4 1/4” long
- Compatible with iPod Classic® (3rd, 4th, 5th generation), 160GB (6th generation)
Extended case - 2 7/8” wide x 4 1/2” long
- Compatible with Zune® 30GB and 80GB, iPhone®
TOOLS NEEDED: Scissors, Straight pins, Tracing paper, Chalk pencil or Pencil,
Masking tape & Marker, Iron & Ironing board, Ruler or Tape measure, Pressing cloth,
Transparent tape, 2 sheets of paper (8 1/2” x 11”), Seam ripper, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors).
All fabrics shown are from Amy's MIDWEST MODERN™ collection by Rowan. Fabrics used in projects on the cover are ab28 brown / trailing cherry and ab25 rust / honeycomb.