Allow extra yardage for matching or centering a design on your fabric.
- 1 1/2 yards of 54” wide heavyweight Home Dec fabric for the Exterior
- 2 1/2 yards of 54” wide coordinating heavyweight Home Dec fabric for the Lining, Handles and bias cut cord cover
- 1 1/4 yards of 60” wide 10 oz cotton canvas or Natural Duck Cloth for the interfacing (The canvas we use is from Thompson Manufacturing. You can substitute with a Natural Duck Cloth made by Schott International, Inc.)
- 1 sheet of 10” wide x 12” long Heavy Duty Template Plastic from Prim-Dritz™ (found with the quilting supplies) OR 1 piece of 1/8” thick heavy pressed cardboard or purchased “chipboard” from an arts supply store
- 3 coordinating 12” zippers (we use Coats brand)
- 1 spool of coordinating all-purpose thread (we use Coats Dual Duty XP®)
- Use size 16 or 18 heavyweight sewing machine needles
- 3/4” magnetic snap from Prym-Dritz™ (found in most craft and sewing stores)
- Option: If using the bag for a computer/equipment, please use VELCRO® brand fasteners for the closure.
- 1” of 3/4” sew-on VELCRO® brand fasteners
Finished size: 12 1/2” wide x 15” tall plus a 42” Shoulder Strap x 3 1/2” deep
TOOLS NEEDED: Scissors, Iron and ironing board, Ruler, Scotch tape™, Straight pins, Zipper foot for your machine, Chalk pencil or Fabric marker, Turning tool (such as a closed pair of scissors), Masking tape, Pencil, and a Hand sewing needle